All-on-4® Dental Implants
Replace Your Denture with a Fixed Arch of Teeth
All-on-4® Dental Implants is a highly affordable solution for anyone wishing to replace their denture with a fixed arch of teeth. Sugar Land Periodontics & Implant Dentistry only uses a top quality dental implants and components from the largest and most advanced dental implant company in the world.
Before All-on-4® technique was developed, multiple dental implants were required to secure a complete arch of teeth.
With conventional dental implants also called single tooth implants, it’s often necessary to use anywhere between six and 10 implants to support a full arch bridge.
This can mean the cost of treatment is beyond the reach of many. Conventional or traditional implant treatments also increases the likelihood of requiring a dental bone graft prior to having implants inserted. With the All-on-4® Dental Implants, just four dental implants are required to secure a complete arch of lower teeth, while six implants are generally needed to secure a full arch of upper teeth.
Who Can Have All-on-Four?
All-on-4® Dental Implants is highly suitable for anyone who is facing complete tooth loss in their upper or lower jaw, or in both jaws.
It is also good for someone currently wearing full dentures and who would prefer to find an alternative and more permanent method of replacing their teeth in Midtown East.
This procedure is very well tolerated by most people and it may be suitable for patients with osteoporosis or well-controlled diabetes and who might be unsuitable for more traditional dental implants. There is no evidence to suggest the success of dental implant treatment is affected by age or gender.
Advantages and Disadvantages of All-on-Four
- This All-on-4® treatment maximizes the use of the jawbone in an area where it is stronger and thicker as the implants are placed towards the front of the mouth rather than being located evenly across the whole arch.
- Treatment may be suitable for people who had previously been told they required a bone graft prior to implant surgery.
- The implants are easy to keep clean and hygienic.
- With All-on-4® dental implants, it is possible to enjoy the feel and appearance of healthy and youthful teeth that are strong and stable.
- Not everyone is suitable for this treatment which is why an initial consultation is so important.
- Not every dentist has the skills to carry out this complex restoration so it is important to find someone with the proper qualifications and training.
All-on-4® implants procedure can be a low-risk when properly carried out, but there is always a chance of the implants becoming infected if you fail to keep up with regular dental checkups and cleanings and if you fail to keep your implants meticulously clean.